Help Namaste SOS by Donating

Friday, April 29, 2011

What Would You Do for Love?

The last of the original Pipeline Families has been approved.  We did it!  These beautiful children have loving homes.  It has been a long, hard journey, and worth every step.  Namaste.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home At Last

I flew into Seattle -1-11-11.  All I can say is there's no place like HOME!  We are so happy to be back in the USA at long last.  Coming through US Immigration was slow, but all his paperwork was in order and Pukar is now a US Citizen!  A long, arduous road, but a very happy ending.

However, since over 50 families are still fighting to bring their children home, please consider signing our two petitions:

Support Pipeline Families

They Wait Nepal


Friday, January 7, 2011


This is indeed a truly happy day.  I received my Visa for Pukar today at the US Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal at a little after 2:00pm.  I walked out the doors with my son and caught a taxi home to put those documents in a safe place.  We really are coming home.  USA, here we come!!!

Feels like a miracle.  Thank you to EVERYONE who supported us on this journey.  I am so grateful and could never have pulled this off without the amazing help I received throughout this process.  It took a community to bring this child home.  It truly did.  Namaste.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011


On Dec. 30th, I received news that my child, who previously was "not clearly approvable" is now, after submitting of my further evidence, qualifies as an orphan.  This deems him adoptable and qualifies him for a Visa.  I now have a final interview at which time they may find new evidence that would allow them to deny me a Visa.  But if not,  he will receive a Visa and we will be allowed to return home at last.  This interview is scheduled for January 5th at 3:30pm at the US Embassy in Kathmandu.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

RFE Submitted

Today I mailed my RFE to New Delhi.

It has been very stressful living in Kathmandu to say the least.  The constant noise, pollution, traffic, filth and overpopulation take a toll on my body and spirit.  On top of it all, Pukar was diagnosed with rickets, after a misdiagnosis early on in my time here.  But I am hopeful that my very thorough investigation efforts will be enough to show that he is indeed an orphan.  The circumstances here surrounding abandonment are harrowing, and beyond what our Western minds can understand.  A complex web of caste, religion, poverty and sexism come into play in a war torn country that seems to be hanging on be a thread.

This was written by someone who has been here in Nepal working closely with the local population and in fact, was the only Peace Corps Volunteer to stay in country during the Maoist insurgency.  In his words:  "In my more than seven years of work at the grass-roots level focusing upon human trafficking, prostitution, women’s rights, and youth issues I have never once come across even a hint of human trafficking relating to the orphanages and to adoptions. If the US Embassy has information in relation to this they have a responsibility to share that information with the numerous organizations and professionals in Nepal that work on human trafficking. The very fact that they have not shared any information is in fact a very telling statement to consider."  Indeed, DOS has admitted after completing all our investigations that NO EVIDENCE of fraud was found.

Aside from the hard times, my beautiful boy is thriving.  His bright smile and happy, sweet heart lights up every day.  I am very blessed.

Meanwhile, the same day I mailed my RFE, my friends at home threw me a Benefit Concert!  To see more click here:  Let Your Love Shine Benefit Concert for Jenni & Pukar.

Friday, November 5, 2010

RFE Request for Further Evidence

Received an RFE from USCIS in New Delhi, Nov 3, 2010.  This means I need a lawyer and will now have to produce my own evidence proving that my child is indeed an orphan.  I have 87 days to respond.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Today I was notified that my file was not approved at the US Embassy in Kathmandu.  They stated that they were not able to 'corroborate' the 'documents supporting eligibility' (of my child).  That means my file will be sent to USCIS in New Delhi for further review.  I must now hire a lawyer.